- Friedrich Consulting & Research, LLC is formed to promote the development of NT RECOVERYTM technology. Collaborative research with commercial seed companies is underway.
- Dr. James W. Friedrich and Dr. John L. McIntyre launch Native Traits Corporation to commercialize products derived from NT RECOVERYTM technology. Commercial and intellectual property rights to the technology and its products are transferred to Native Traits.
- Series A Preferred stock is issued to investors. The Biosciences Research & Commercialization Center is the lead investor.
- Molecular markers for EaSYTM are developed. Provisional patent applications are filed for the NT RECOVERYTM technology and for the EaSYTM trait.
- EaSYTM is made available for licensing. Molecular markers for ExSelerateTM are under development.